Chacala Bay in Mexico is an ideal location for a yoga retreat – especially in winter. Highs around 80, lows just into the 60s. The weather is calm, the palms are gently swaying, and the timing is perfect for a yoga retreat.
Mar de Jade is a retreat center with a special focus on yoga. They have the perfect space, all the right props (including ropes walls!), and perfectly prepared meals featuring fresh, local, organic foods. We couldn’t find a better place to hold a yoga retreat in Mexico.
If you joined us last year in Costa Rica, then you’ll love what we’ve planned for Mexico. And if you’re new to international retreats with Beyond Bending Yoga – this is the one to start with!
This retreat is a Yoga Lifestyle Retreat. We intentionally chose the space because it includes three meals a day, a pool and spa, beachfront location, and all the amenities to have a full yoga practice. It will be like coming to your local yoga space – but on a tropical beach. There will be ample space for yoga practice, with full ventilation and air control, as well as all the props we will need. The retreat center also includes ropes walls so that we can have a ropes wall practice and experience the benefit of ropes which create a comfortable shadow to your natural practice.
The overall idea which sets the retreat apart is that it is not just yoga – it is time for meditation, contemplation, and journaling along with a sense of privacy and space (with a beach to walk on!). This is a week-long time away when everyone has their own space for morning and nightly Ayurvedic rituals to enter and end the day more gracefully. There is time to focus on your mat-based practice in classes and workshops but there are also other layers to translate yoga off the mat, yoga in everyday.
The retreat will feature twice daily yoga, including ropes and Ayurveda workshops. We are also offering CECs with Yoga Alliance for this retreat (12-15 hours) if you are looking to build or refresh your credentials through our trained and accredited teachers.
This retreat is built to be easier and peaceful, with room to rest and refresh in the space of a yoga community.
Most rooms are available with THREE options: you in a room by yourself, you in a room with another yogi that you coordinate, or you in a room with another person who is not participating in the retreat.
Ocean Rooms are bright and airy with floor-to-ceiling glass doors opening onto a private balcony with an ocean view. Each room has a sitting area with a futon that can be made into an additional bed. A limited number of two bedroom ocean view rooms are available.
- $3550 for single occupancy. Double occupancy rates are $2700 for each participant – you must bring your own roommate. The rate is $4800 for a traveling pair with only one participant in the retreat.
Garden Rooms are on the ground floor level, easily accessible with a few steps or a ramp and floor-to-ceiling windows with plenty of light and a fresh breeze.
- $3250 for single occupancy. Double occupancy rates are $2550 for each participant – you must bring your own roommate. The rate is $4500 for a traveling pair with only one participant in the retreat.
Guest Rooms are bright and cheerful with Mexican textiles to create a cozy and comfortable atmosphere. Rooms are either ground level or third floor and face either the jungle or the garden.
- $2900 for single occupancy. Double occupancy rates are $2300 for each participant – you must bring your own roommate. The rate is $4000 for a traveling pair with only one participant in the retreat.
Dorm Rooms are available for solo travelers looking for a budget-friendly option. Dorm beds are available for $2050 to secure a single bed in a room of four people of the same sex. Send us an email to inquire about options and availability (and possible upgrades with other solo travelers who might share a double with you!).
ALL PRICES include the cost of the retreat, all lodging, and all meals. Airfare and ground transportation is not included but we are happy to help facilitate and guide you through this process.
- $500 deposit is required to secure your spot (non-refundable).
- Half of the remaining balance is due by August 1 (or pay in full to get the early bird savings of -$250)
- Final Full Payment is due by August 15 for early bird savings (-$250) or pay in full by November 1 at the regular rate.
- Cash or Check is preferred. A 3% processing fee will apply to credit/debit purchases.
- Cancellations made after August 1 will be refunded only if a replacement is found to fill your spot. We do our best to work out details from people on the waiting list in order to make this possible.
- When the retreat fills, a waiting list will be made available
Ready for a yoga retreat at Playa Chacala, Mexico?
Send us an email and let’s start talking!