Important Retreat Details
Let’s connect so we can review details together and the things that we need. Our job is to take care of the little details that will make your experience smooth and easy! Please read on – there are a lot of things in here so take your time.
Details that we need from you are highlighted in red.
CHECK IN / CHECK OUT
Check in: 2 pm on Sunday, February 5
Check out: 11 am on Sunday, February 12
Our Daily Schedule
The schedule is meant to be ‘loose’ in order to allow you to experience the retreat in the way best for you.
7:00 – 8:30 am Meditation + Movement
8:30 – 9:30 am Breakfast
10:00 am – 12:00 pm One Hour Private Consult with a Jennifer or Free Time
12:30 – 1:30 pm Lunch
1:00 – 5:00 pm Free Time
5:30 – 6:45 pm Yoga
7:00- 8:00 pm Dinner
Bookend a Hotel Stay
If at all possible, it might behoove you to arrive in San Jose a day early just in case there are any flight cancellations on the way. This also gives you a day of rest before making the remainder of the journey to the Caribbean coast.
Should you arrive early and want to spend the night in San Jose, the retreat center has recommended the following hotels near the SJO Airport:
Should you arrive early and opt to go the coast immediately, you will need a place to spend the night before checking in to Tierra de Sueños (* both Jennifers are doing this). These hotels are nearby:
Options for TRAVEL from San Jose
There are 3 ways to get from San Jose to Playa Chiquita:
– Rent a car
– SJO Airport Private Shuttle
– Domestic Sansa flight + Shuttle
SHUTTLE FROM THE AIRPORT
Approximately 5-6 hours of travel time
- $312 for a private shuttle. Private shuttles have a 10 person maximum.
- Cost per person will vary based on the amount of people taking the shuttle.
- Shared shuttles (more economical if you are 4 or less) will be about $57 per person.
- Shuttle will depart one hour after last arrival flight of participants.
- There will be a stop for a meal.
- More than 10 people will require more than one shuttle.
- This fee must be paid in San Jose – CASH ONLY
- Pay driver at time of arrival – doesn’t include tip.
- Same cost & payment methods for return.
TAKE A FLIGHT MOST OF THE WAY TO SAVE TIME
Approximately 40 Minutes Travel Time
- SJO to Limon – $90 per person
- You can save time by flying from San Jose to Limon on Sansa Air
- 40 minutes is the average flight time from San Jose to Limon
- From Limon, it’s about a 1 hour shuttle ride to the retreat center
Shuttle from Limon Airport to Playa Chiquita
Approximately 1 hour of Travel Time
- $23 per person
- Carribe Shuttle is the provider. They offer 3 shuttles per day at the times that Sansa flights are arriving at Limon Airport.
- More than 5 people will require a private shuttle.
- If there is only one person taking this shuttle, it will be $65 for one person.
- Carribe can send a payment link to each person, so this fee may be paid online.
- They need email addresses of each person.
- Same cost & payment methods for return.
All shuttle booking needs to happen 1 month in advance, by January 5th.
We need your flight information as soon as you book – as well as your preference for shuttle (or not).
The bungalows sleep two with a queen bed + twin and a private bathroom. We will send room assignments around January 5th.
Bungalows are open air without air conditioning. Each bungalow is cleaned and tidied daily however, in our efforts to limit water use, linen changes are every three days, or once over a weeks stay on Wednesday. *the linen change on Wednesdays offers an opportunity for a bed swap so each person in the bungalow gets a chance to enjoy the queen bed.
Room service is not offered but the reception desk is a short walk from the bungalows and they can help you get to anything you may need or want in the area.
MEALS AT THE CENTER
3 Meals Per Day, starting with Sunday dinner upon arrival and ending with Sunday breakfast before departure.
Meals are vegetarian with locally sourced ingredients featuring a hearty breakfast that includes tropical fruits, veggies, and eggs for protein. A lighter fresh veggie filled lunch is offered in the heat of the day. At dinner, a classic meal is given with a healthy dessert served after dinner.
Daily Meal Schedule:
- 5:30 am Coffee starts brewing!
- 8:30 am Breakfast (after morning yoga)
- 12:00 pm Lunch (after private sessions)
- Lunch can be prepared to go if needed to take with you on your activities or to the beach.
- 7:00 pm Dinner (after evening yoga)
We need a list of your preferences 1 month in advance, by January 5, 2023. Please confirm if you’d like vegetarian or meat for your meals and also please let us know if you have a food allergy or diet restriction.
The menu will feature Vegan or Veg + Meat (chicken or fish) Combo
- Proteins will be served every 2 nights (chicken, then fish). All other meals will be strictly vegetarian.
- Proteins will only be served during dinners
Special Thursday Dinner
Thursday’s dinner experience is off-campus in order to take in a little more of the local area and a different atmosphere. This is a pre-booked meal that the center organizes.
- Authentic, gourmet, Italian pizza cooked in a wood burning oven at La Leyenda which looks AMAZING!
- The meal will include salad, pizza & desert.
- Drinks are not included.
TOURS & ACTIVITIES
Activities can be booked upon arrival or one day in advance. A full list of tours & activities can be found here.
It is best to check the weather conditions first in order to confirm the activity can be held and also because the center has a non refundable last minute cancellation policy.
General Travel Adviseries & COVID
Health forms and insurance are not required after April 1st (even for unvaccinated people).
The use of a masks is no longer mandatory in Costa Rica.
If restrictions come back again we will do our best to post the updated guidance in this space.